Google Search Console is a free tool offered by Google that allows you to monitor and maintain your website’s performance on Google search. This tool provides valuable insights into how Google crawls and indexes your website and any potential issues impacting your search visibility.
As a B2B company, you need to understand how your website performs on search engines, as it directly impacts your ability to reach potential clients and customers. Using Google Search Console, you can better understand your website’s performance and make necessary adjustments to improve your search visibility.
With Google Search Console, you can track your website’s performance on Google search by monitoring:
- The number of clicks, impressions, and click-through rates for your website’s pages
- The keywords people are using to find your website
- The countries and devices from which your website’s traffic is coming
- Any crawl errors or security issues that need attention
- The number of backlinks to your website
- The number of sitemaps and submitted pages
You can also submit sitemaps and individual URLs for crawling, which can help Google discover and index new or updated content on your website.
By keeping an eye on the performance of your website, you can identify potential issues and take action to improve your search visibility, which can lead to more website traffic, leads, and, ultimately, more customers.
How to find search terms close to page 1?
Being on the first page of Google search results is crucial for the success of any B2B company, as it increases the chances of potential customers finding the company’s website. However, achieving a first-page ranking on Google is not easy. Many factors influence a website’s search visibility, such as the quality and relevance of the content, the number and quality of backlinks, and the website’s overall performance and technical SEO.
To understand how your website is performing on Google, you can use the “Exposures” and “Average ranking” features in Google Search Console (GSC).
To check your website’s ranking on Google:
1. Go to GSC and choose Total Impressions and Average Position.
2. Choose the Last 12 months.
3. Sort for Impressions in the table
4. Choose to filter for “Rank” larger than 8
5. Look for a Position larger than 8 but less than 10.
6. Click on the search term.
7. Click on “Pages”
Look at the URLs and choose the one you want to rank. Sometimes it is not the most popular page, and you will need to write search-optimized text for this page.
Write text for all the relevant results, but don’t write to all of them. Only the top n
Suppose you succeed in improving the ranking of your website. In that case, you will see an increase in website traffic, leads, and, ultimately, more customers. In addition, with higher search visibility, more people will be able to find your website and learn about your products or services. This will lead to more opportunities for your B2B company.
How to find pages that rank well but perform badly?
Search results that invite users to click are essential because they directly impact your website’s click-through rate (CTR). CTR is the percentage of users who click on your website’s search result out of the total number of users who view it. A high CTR indicates that your search result is relevant, engaging, and appealing to users. This may improve your search visibility and drive more traffic to your website.
One of the most effective ways to improve the CTR of your website is by optimizing the meta description and title of your web pages. The meta description is the text that appears under the title of your search result and provides a brief overview of the content of your page. The title is the text that appears as the blue clickable link in the search result. The meta description and the title should be written in a way that is clear, concise, inviting, and accurately reflect the page’s content.
To improve the CTR of your website using GSC:
- Go to the “Performance” section in GSC
- Choose “CTR,” “Clicks,” “Exposures,” and “position.”
- Sort by “Exposures”
- Filter by “CTR” less than 1%
- Filter by “Placement” less than 8 (to only see results on the first page of search results)
- Click on a search term and choose “pages.”
- Choose the page that you want to rank for the search term
- Update the page’s Meta description and title to make them clear, concise, and inviting and accurately reflect the content of the page
Suppose you succeed in improving the CTR of your website. In that case, you will see an increase in website traffic, leads, and, ultimately, more customers. With a higher CTR, more people will click on your website’s search results, leading to more opportunities for your B2B company. A higher CTR can also improve your search engine rankings and increase your visibility on Google.
Two Google Search Console hacks that will change your ranking
Optimize your website for page one of Google search results and increase your conversion rate. As a result, you will achieve several benefits for your B2B business:
- Increased website traffic: By appearing on the first page of search results, more people will be able to find your website, increasing website traffic.
- Increased leads and conversions: With more traffic to your website, you will have more opportunities to convert visitors into leads and customers. A higher conversion rate means that a more significant percentage of visitors to your website will take a desired action, such as filling out a form or making a purchase.
- Improved search engine rankings: A higher conversion rate signals to search engines that your website provides value to users. This can help improve your search engine rankings, driving more website traffic.
- Increased brand awareness: Being on the first page of search results will increase your brand’s visibility to potential customers. This raises awareness and consideration of your products or services.
- Increased revenue: You can generate more revenue for your business by increasing website traffic and conversions.
- Increased customer retention: By providing a better user experience and addressing your customers’ needs, you will be able to retain them and increase the chances of repeat business.
In summary, by optimizing your website for page one of Google search results and increasing your conversion rate, you will be able to drive more traffic to your website, increase leads and conversions, improve search engine rankings, increase brand awareness, generate more revenue and retain more customers. And most importantly, you will start where you get the most out of it.